Tuesday 23 November 2010

A day of two halves (or maybe three thirds...)

Number of sleeps remaining: 13
Today's thoughts - Who am I?

A day of two halves really...

Last night, despite my attempts to wear myself out by walking the whole Ikea circuit, found me tossing and turning at 1am.

Consequently it didn't put me in the best frame of mind for todays visit.

Today - Part 1
I was presented with an 'colleague recognition award' at work, after 7 - yes you read that correctly 7 people nominated me! I must admit it felt a little weird having all those nice things read out about me - it felt like they were being said about someone else.
What started out as a happy occasion ultimately made me feel sad - will I ever achieve anything like that again??

Today - Part 2
Fortunately the trip to hospital was wrapped up in just 2.5 hours today.
First I 'tried on' various sound processors, in order to pick my future ear companion. Mmmm it was a tricky decision, but in the end I chose a... (you'll have to wait and see!)
I then met my surgeons and was read the riot act about things which could go wrong...
A trip to get vaccinated against meningitis
Finally an epic pre-op session with the friendliest nurse you'll ever meet.

AND THAT'S IT - I've signed on the dotted line.

Right now... I could easily kick back and enjoy a glass of wine, but study calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment