Saturday 27 November 2010

An early morning rant...

Number of sleeps remaining: 9 (gulp - single figures)
Today's thoughts: (*insert ranting words of choice*)

Morning.

Please excuse this early morning rant - but as I want to accurately document my journey - I'm going to have to.

Isn't it amazing how one person's thoughtless/ignorant comments can undo the progress made in a week.

Yesterday, Hubby decided to 'inform' MIL about my impending surgery.

I'll quit waffling - this is the 'highlight'

H: Emma's have the implant surgery done in December.

MIL: She never said...

(Much waffling...)

MIL: Well she does well to do the job she does considering...

H: Considering what???

(I was actually in the room while this conversation was going on)

Yep - it seems we're back to the old "deaf=stupid" scenario. I thought I had done my best to challenge that - hell what should I be 'capable' of doing - sitting in my pyjamas and watching TV all day??????

I'm expecting today to continue on a similar vein as I am going to tell my own mother and brother (Father will have to hear from Mother...).

Stand back all and don your flak jackets and hard helmets.

No comments:

Post a Comment