Friday 26 November 2010

Friday, Friday

Number of sleeps remaining: 10
Today's thoughts: Take a walk in another person's shoes 

Today the boot has definitely been on the other foot, so to speak.

I'm so used to being the patient, today it is my turn to be the nurse. Of course, it has been the role in the past but today I've paced around like a mad thing. It got me wondering, do people pace around when they are waiting for me to return from noxious slumber??

Since my patient is resting (sleeping!) I'll try and write of few words about today.

Anyway, back to walking in another person's shoes... Today I had a conversation about appreciating what you have - in other words making the best of things you have. I suppose it ties in with Kurt's words from yesterday.

It's a common truth that there is always someone who is worse off than you - that I DO NOT dispute. But it's strange how when we are faced with a challenge, we feel like we are the only person to have ever have faced it (I can just imagine you all saying, for goodness sake - get over yourself will you!)

Anyway, so here is a bit of a dilemma - do we face our challenges with the attitude it's OK (whatever it is) because there is someone worse off than you, or do we allow our self to recognise that we ARE facing a challenge and no matter what, it's OK to have a few wobbles along the way?

For me I guess I need that permission to have a wobble now and again without thinking I'm letting everyone down.

No comments:

Post a Comment