Monday 29 November 2010

A week of lasts

Number of sleeps remaining: 7
Today's thoughts: A foot in both world, belonging in none

Yep - bit melancholy today.
This time next week the deed will be done - I (or the surgeons) will have obliterated my cochlear, I will never be able to use a hearing aid again - and to top it all I'll have a charming bald patch.

Yeah yeah, the upshot is that I will be a different kind of deaf person.

I think this is what is called a tiny moment of doubt.

So anyway, a foot in both worlds, belonging in none sums up how I am feeling today. Even with the operation it's not really going to change that is it?

Hmmmmm.....

Weird dream again last night (yeah I know it's b o r i n g listening to other people's dreams...). 
In my dream it was Sunday and a nurse was showing me to my bed. However, when we got to what was to be my room it was like a prison door. Inside the room were three beds, covered with black sheets - and I couldn't decide which bed I should get in to.

Hmmmmm... it was most strange - going to have to Google a dream dictionary or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment