Tuesday 4 January 2011

Back to reality?

Days since activation of implant: 5
New sounds: Arghhhh... keyboards

It's pretty difficult knowing what to say today...
Anyway, it's my first day (or to be accurate, part day) back at work - I feel like my head has been replaced by a cabbage.

It was so easy to slip back into the routine of being 'positive me' - even when I am feeling pretty void inside.

Weirdly, I have got used to wearing Ludwig the processor and have accepted the benefits of the implant (heck, I'm even happy that I have had the operation done), but when I go back into a regular domain, like my workplace I feel a bit like a freak (hmmm... seems like I still have some work to do).

Thankfully my return to work is a phased one - which I need more than I thought I did - 5 hours today felt like a marathon (or maybe it was the never ending stream of emails to go through). Hopefully it will get easier.
Even though it was a quiet day at the office today, there were lots of new sounds for me... I never realised typing on keyboards was so loud - I always thought they were silent :) The sandwich vans, which visit our workplace, also have loud horns/tunes when they arrive - I have wondered in the past why people all seemed to get up together and disappear!

No comments:

Post a Comment