Tuesday 11 January 2011

No respite

Days since activation of implant: 12
New sounds: Announcements on the train

Today feels like it has been a t least three weeks long.

I went to bed early last night as I knew I would have a busy day today working in Manchester.

In order to distract myself from the horrid white noise I read for a while, well until I was doing the thing when your book keeps falling out of your hands but you carry on reading regardless.

Things were looking good - I had a quick chat to Hubby (no implant and no hearing aids either, I'm pretty good at lip reading him!) and turned the light off quickly - it was 10.30pm.

Then the noise started, the second my brain stopped concentrating on anything. For half an hour I lay in bed, trying just about every relaxation exercise I know - but it didn't work, so I got up and made hot chocolate and had an extra happy pill for relaxation purposes (I'm desperate OK).

After watching a bit of TV I felt a bit drowsy so I went back to bed quickly - only to find the minute I lay down the noise re-started. (Mid-nightish by now). In total exasperation I got up and put my implant back on - but the noise continued and merrily amplified the ticking of my clock, so Ludwig was sent to solitary confinement in the drying box. 

I then watched Shameless (fab) and Homes Under the Hammer (!!!!) before eventually nodding off at 3am.

I was up again at 6am, desperate not to miss my train into Manchester.

This whole tinnitus business is a real massive downside to the implant, which I'm becoming increasing fond of.

No comments:

Post a Comment