Saturday 8 January 2011

Like a good scout - be prepared

Days since activation of implant: 9
New sounds: My daughter's voice (we've not seen each other since Christmas, so it was the first time I had heard her voice using the implant)

Today was a lesson that I need to be more prepared.
I met up with my Dear Daughter to go shopping for a new guinea pig today (for her not me - I don't have space for another cage!!) and we had a lovely afternoon mooching around the shops and eventually choosing a new piggy.

We then collected Hubby and returned to Sale to drop off Dear Daughter and piggy (plus various piggy goodies).
After 10 minutes or so of chatting, I got the series of dreaded bleeps telling me that my battery was about to go flat. Unfortunately I didn't have a spare with me, so had to switch off - well actually I got a series of very indignant bleeps and the processor switched itself off!

Immediately I was shunted straight back outside the bubble - although DD and Hubby didn't exclude me, I could no longer keep up with the conversation (which goes to show how quickly I am becoming reliant on Ludwig).

We returned home and I have put everything to charge once again. I'm definitely going to have to be better prepared and carry around a charged up spare, or the kit which allows me to use some disposables (sounds like I am going to need a bigger bag...).

No comments:

Post a Comment