Wednesday 5 January 2011

One step forwards, 3 miles back

Days since activation of implant: 6
New sounds: Fire alarm at work

Today has not been a great success - reminders of why I don't belong. I'm a freak and a fool to think I did. The cochlear implant has succeeded in changing me, but not changing a thing.

Quote from Helen Keller ~
The problems of deafness are deeper and more complex, if not more important than those of blindness. Deafness is a much worse misfortune. For it means the loss of the most vital stimulus-- the sound of the voice that brings language, sets thoughts astir, and keeps us in the intellectual company of man.
Blindness separates us from things but deafness separates us from people. 

I hope, dear readers that you have had a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment