Sunday 9 January 2011

Reaching out to some forgotten sounds

Days since activation of implant: 10
New sounds: Metallica at Milton Keynes Bowl, circa 1993, courtesy of Youtube

Me and Hubby have been having a blast from the past today and have been busy searching out concert footage, from when we were kids - well kids with kids!

Bizarrely my implant picks up quite well from my PC speakers, so we have been reliving the greats of Metallica, Megadeath, The Almighty, Diamond Head, Guns and Roses and The Cult.

In case anyone is wondering, no my hearing loss wasn't caused by listening to loud music at concerts...

It has been good to have some access to sounds from my past, it's things like that which help to reinforce my identity - who I was then, who I am now etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment