Monday 27 December 2010

The alternative reality of being a deafy

Number of sleeps until activation of implant: 3
Today's thoughts: Parallel worlds

The bizarre joys of being a deaf person were brought home to me this afternoon in quite unique circumstances!

After Hubby and I took Dear Daughter and her Fiance home to Sale, we decided to take the scenic route (the M6 was going at a snails pace) - and stopped off at a Garden Centre (obviously still on our quest to visit Cheshire's finest!!)

As with all our visits to garden centres our first stop was the coffee shop. We placed out order and then began chatting about a TV programme I had watched earlier about Indian Railways (yes I know, strange) - I'm definitely going to save up to visit as soon as funds allow :)
Anyway the drinks arrived and we carried on our conversation.

Hubby: So what do you like about *muffled*

Me: Sorry, say that again, what do I like about what??

Hubby: *finger spells the muffled word*

Me: In here? Well I like the tasty food and the interesting gift shop on the way out!

Hubby: Ehhh? No, INDIA - what do you like about INDIA?

Cue lots of spluttering and laughing! I thought Hubby had said, 'what do you like about in here' - meaning the garden centre :)

So in my alternative reality the conversation went, so Emma, what do you like India? "Because of it's tasty food and the interesting gift shop on the way out!"

Ha ha, it is still making me laugh now :)

For the record, I like INDIA for the culture, amazing scenery etc! (However, I'm sure the food is also good and there are plenty of interesting gift shops!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment