Thursday 16 December 2010

Getting to know my inner cyborg

Number of sleeps since implantation: 10
Today's thoughts: Some loveliness to restore yin and yang

I have been incredibly spoiled today. My lovely friend took me to John Lewis' to look at all things sparkly (plus to eat cake, drink coffee and indulge in lunch).
More flowers have arrived, my front room (by 'eck - that makes me sound 'reet northern) is now looking to a fantastic flower emporium.

Today's cochlear implant fact - I can no longer use, or even remotely go near - a Van de Graaf generator (oh the excitement of 3rd Year Physics - making your hair stand on end) - if I did it would do utterly bizarre things to my implant.

Another thing - I now have to carry my cochlear implant ID card at all times - to warn others/security systems/ magnetic fields that I am a cyborg.

"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content."
~ Hellen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment