Tuesday 7 December 2010

Hello from the other side...

Number of sleeps since implantation: 1
Today's thought: Dizzy 

Well I'm still here, which is always a good sign.
Because my heads still a bit whizzy, I'll try and do a list of what happened yesterday (well what I can remember anyway!)

7am - hair shaved off, prepped for theatre.
7.30am - more hair shaved off... not happy bunny at that point.
8.45am - taken to theatre, all useful veins did a runner, cue lots of arm slapping.
9.20am - went to sleeeeeeep
2.30pm - think I can recall being brought back from theatre. Lots of bleeding from head area.
4pm - nurse asked me if I was hungry - world first - Emma said no!
5-7pm - seemed to be given lots of injections, started my vomit marathon...
7pm - Hubby arrived, with cute new bear.
8-9pm - continuation of vomit marathon, more injections and put on a drip
11pm - woke up to find my hand had swelled to enormous proportions (weird...)
5am - woke up again to drip inserted in other hand - suddenly felt v. hungry so had coffee and biscuits.

And now, the doctors have been to visit and have told me I'm to go for an x-ray to check everything is where it should be (might ask them to have a look at my hand too).
If I behave and be a good patient, they will let me go home tomorrow.

So that's it really. If yesterday was the worse I am going to feel, then thank goodness it's over and done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment