Wednesday 29 December 2010

Preparing the head gear

Number of sleeps until activation of implant: 1
Today's thoughts: What if I don't like it???

Taken down the Christmas decorations today, as it seemed right that as I had put them up just before the operation, they needed to come down before switch on - the new beginning...

I have been faffing around with the processor today, trying to 'pair' it up with the remote assistant, so that they talk to each other (useful for when I want to alter the volume, change the programmes, switch it on and off etc).
It was pretty complicated, I think I'll be walking around with the instruction book for a while, working out what the different coloured flashes mean.

This is what my processor and magnet will look like.


It kinda suits my hair colour well - which is as good a reason as any for choosing a processor colour!
Here is the remote assistant (please note - it's not my hand!!)


From tomorrow onwards, these will be my constant companions, wherever I go, Ludwig (yep, I've settled on Ludwig for my processors name) will accompany me.

Part of me still thinks, what did I do to end up here, in this situation, kinda thing... karma works in funny ways I guess.

My brother has also kindly brought me a talking book (CD and verbatim book) to assist with my initial word recognition.

My audiologist recommends that I start of children's books as they have simpler sentences and language. So my first book is officially.... Finding Nemo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment