Monday 13 December 2010

Sminks

Number of sleeps since implantation: 7
Today's thoughts: Re: yesterday's thoughts - no it's not... 

Today Hubby and I went to Chester, to finalise the Christmas shopping and to have a bit of time out.

We are making a right pair, Hubby with his knee, me with my zip head. Well, as you can imagine, it was a touch slow going. Fortunately it wasn't too busy (since everyone must be pretty spent up by now) so we ambled along, which turned into me walking too fast, then wondering where Hubby was as I couldn't hear him (cue lots of full body spins to find him).

We had lunch out (ha ha, BOGOF Turkey dinner!!!) and then coffee and cake (and shared painkillers in the afternoon).

Boy does my head hurt now,  so I'm trying to drag the time out until painkiller time, so that I can get a semi-decent sleep - have fallen into a habit of waking up at 3.30am for more sminks (AKA 'big pink painkillers').

Off to Glan Clywd again tomorrow to get the stitches removed and to start using the scar reduction stuff (bless - the hospital noticed I have a slightly unsightly scar on my neck thanks to thyroid cancer, they thought they would provide some extra help this time round - except my hair will cover it...). I'm also hoping that I get my activation date and rehab appointments sorted out too, am starting to feel the need for some structure and forward planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment